Cutest Blog Background

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Valentine Postcards - Part 2.5


Well......the Dr. says I'm sick! I thought I had a cold but she gave me 3 Rx's. Something about not wanting it to go into pneumonia & settled in my lungs. Good thing the hubby "made" me go today, huh?


This post is only Part 2.5 because I have one more dog stamp I want to use. I'm having a bit of creative block because the image is so large....but it'll come to me. Hopefully you'll see something good tomorrow.


The card today was fun to make. Have you seen this medallion method before? You use a corner punch. I first saw it used at Amazing Paper Grace, which you can get to by clicking the link in my sidebar. I used the masking method to make it look like the dog is in front of the doghouse and cut it out with my circle Nestability & Cuttlebug machine. I attached it to the card with pretty thick pop-dots. When I attached the medallion part to the card, I used extra strong glue dots. They are not thick so even though you can't see it here, it looks like a pillow is attached to the card.
To make the corners I cut a piece of black a little bit less that 1/4" less than my pink card. Because the back didn't look very pretty, I attached a piece of white paper with "Happy Valentine's Day" stamped on it.
Stamps by Stampin' Up! & Art Impressions
Stampin' Up! CS - Basic Black, Regal Rose, Whisper White
SU! Regal Rose ink, Mementos Tuxedo Black ink
Accessiries - EK Success punch, black dots by unknown


1 comment:

Crystal said...

Love the black dots on the punched piece! Now GET WELL , you hear, we'll be waiting for the other half of that post before long !