Cutest Blog Background

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Amazing Grace


Good morning! Here's my card for today. It is a simple layout....just colored, layered, and cut out. I added a background stamp to the base card to give it a feel of texture but that was the hardest bit. In fact the center didn't stamp completely, but it's covered with the dp.
Are you tired of hearing about Copic markers? I sure hope not, because I am fascinated by them. They are alcohol based markers and blend so well together. What I have learned so far is that you follow the lines/shadows of your image to create the depth of different shades of color. Many stamp images made today have lines in them so it is simple to follow along. As you can see above, I used the lighter colors all over but added a darker shade to the lines in the middle (or you could lay down another layer of the same shade for a more subtle affect). I also added some darker color to a portion of the outline of each image. I'm still learning about light sources and such, so I'm not consistent, but I'm happy with the results here.
Enjoy today as you think of God's amazing grace - freely given to all who accept it.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Just beautiful, Laurie ! Love the black touches to make the other colors pop.

Crystal said...

Laurie : I have something for you on my blog. Check it out !