Cutest Blog Background

Friday, March 13, 2009

Pretty Bird


Good afternoon, Stamping Friends. I hope you are enjoying sunshine today. We are and it is wonderful!
Today's card was made with Basic Grey dp. I am enjoying these papers very much. They come in various ways...6x6 pads, 12x12 collections, or 12x12 single sheets. If you can't find them in a scrapbooking store close to you, check it out on the internet. They are everywhere.
I used two different papers from the collection with ribbon to cover the seams. The bird image is from a Hero Arts set called Sending Happy Thoughts. It is layered with black cs, shimmery pink cs from Paper Temptress, and turquoise cs run through my CB using the rectangle Nestabilities die. I then added black brads and used pop dots to make the whole thing stand out a bit. A Martha Stewart punch made the black leaves I used to embellish the corners.
Have I mentioned that I almost always stick things together with glue now & not monoadhesive? The monoadhesive didn't do a very good job for me after I started texturizing my cs by using the CB folders. I had read on a blog that someone just loved a certain type of glue, so I gave it a try and have to agree with her. It is called Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue. It's not hard to find as it is dual tipped with green caps. (I use a coupon at Joanns to keep myself stocked up.) That's my tip for the week!
Have a great weekend & hugs to you.

No comments: