Cutest Blog Background

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Simply Bright


We have one more sunny, warm day here in Ohio before our fickle spring weather returns to cold & rainy. I keep repeating what I learned as a kid: "April showers bring May flowers." Can't wait for that!
Today's card is a simple layout. I wanted to showcase the pail of flowers as much as possible so it is cut out & layered on a black background with popdots. The dp has been in my collection for some time in 12x12 form. I thought it went beautifully with the various tulip colors of the image. Oh, yes, and it's all on a square card. The recipe is below, although the stamp does not have a company name on it.
Stamp: unknown
Paper: SU! cs, unknown dp
Ink: Copic Sketch markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: corner rounder, sticky gems, Martha Stewart Lace Doily Edge punch

2 comments:

Smiling Stamper said...

Laurie,your flowers just pop out with dimension from the wonderful shading and being over the black background. So stunning! Lynn

Crystal said...

Love that pot of flowers !! That just makes me want to stick a pot like that on my front porch today !