Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two for the "price" of One




Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you! I hope you are in a green mood.....and I'm not talking about saving the planet, Ladies. March 17th always means Spring is just around the corner - are you in the mood for that? I sure am. Spring is special to me because I think of trees budding, flowers blooming, and baby birds hatching. It all points to the best "new beginning" - Jesus' resurrection! Without it, all would be lost. But, hallelujah - He makes all things new!

Today I have two cards for you. Both have the base card made from black cs which was Cuttlebug'ed - is that word? One was made with Zinnia flower stickers by Martha Stewart. (Thanks, Crystal, for telling me about them!) I used my Nestabilities to make a frame, giving it some 3D with pop dots. The other card was made with a SU! flower image from a pocket set they had out a few years ago. The flowers were colored with Copics & layered with Urban Prairie dp by Basic Grey. I added clear gems to their centers to spice it up a bit.
Warning - I'm becoming a ribbon fanatic. I'm not so much into bows, but I like using it as a layer or background for my cards. The yellow I just found at Michaels on the clearance rack. Gotta love those deals when we can find 'em.
Have a blessed day, All.




No comments: