Cutest Blog Background

Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday!


Good morning, Friends. Please join me in wishing my dear friend, Crystal, a Happy Birthday today! You can give her your good wishes at

We celebrated her birthday during our monthly stamping day gathering last week, so I'm allowed to post her card now. :-)

I had fun using the paper piecing technique on this one. It's quite simple to do. Stamp an image on cardstock & color it in. Stamp the same image (at least the part you want to piece) on designer paper. Cut those pieces out and attach to your colored image with popdots. I also thought I'd make a square card for a change. The dp is layered onto the card as well as the cutouts with my image. To add the finishing touches, ribbon & pretty pink sticky gems were placed just so.

Have a marvelous Friday --- Laurie

Stamps: Flourishes' Sweat Pea

Paper: Basic Grey's Two Scoops dp, SU! cs

Ink: SU!, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic sketch markers

Accessories: Spellbinder's Petite Oval & Label 1 Nestabilities

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Good morning, buddy ! Love that card ! So glad it's in MY stash now ! smile I have something for YOU on my blog !!! Check it out .