Cutest Blog Background

Monday, April 27, 2009

Mom's Day Cards Part 1



Hi, Everyone. Is it too early to show you Mother's Day cards? Sure hope not. :)

Here's one I made by stamping the flower images on a white piece of card stock that I used as my backdrop. I then stamped the petal parts and the leaves on sperate white cardstock. I colored everything & cut out the extra petals & the leaves, attaching them to the backdrop flowers with popdots.

I always like the look of having a black mat around my images. This one worked just the way I'd hoped. I used a gray ink to make the background on red cardstock in order to soften the card & help eyes focus on the main image. I wanted the words to stand out as well as the flower image, so I used black pigment ink & embossed them.

I love honoring my mom & mother-in-law on their special day even if the card, flower, & candy companies benefit from it. Whoever thought of it had the right idea! Hope this card helps you get in the mood to honor your mom or a special lady in your life. Enjoy your day --- Laurie

Stamps: Flourishes' Poppies, Magenta

CS: SU!

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoke Gray, Copic Sketch Markers

No comments: