Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother's Day Part 2


Hey, it's Tuesday! We're back to cooler temps & cloudy, windy weather, but it is still the day that the Lord made so I choose to be glad & rejoice - join me?
Here's the second Mom's day card I made. Doesn't this Pink Cat
Studio owl make you smile? She sure does that for me. Brown &
pink has been in style for a while, but for some reason it's my favorite color
combo right now.
On this card I reversed the layering order of the Nesties. Normally I have the scallops be my bottom layer but wanted the "frills" to really stand out this time. I like using different shapes, too. Putting this little lady in a circle that just fits around her makes her seem so important.
The brown strip under the heart is just that. A brown strip of
cs. I added it because the card needed something to balance it after I had
attached the heart. I wish I could show you a pic of before &
after. I know you'd agree with me that the strip makes a big difference in
pleasing the eye.
Also, I stamped the word image an the cs before running it through the Cuttlebug.
Have a lovely day, Girls --- Laurie
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio, Studio G
CS: SU! pinks, Bazzill brown
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, Copic Sketch markers
Accessories: sticky gems, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities

6 comments:

Crystal said...

You know I love that owl ! And I really like the CB background ! Great card, sister !

Teresa said...

Love the pink and brown, perfect for a mom

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the BG-stamped then CB'ed- looks great. Great coloring on the owl- love the card! TFS

Verda said...

Love your card and the glasses on the owl are just too cute.

Dottie Seubert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dottie Seubert said...

First I want to say How beautiful and inspiring your cards are. I love the Mother's day Card's they are beautiful. I wish I still had my Mom to give her one like this that is so lovely. I came and visited from Crystals Blog, I am one of her followers and yours now as well. along with many others. I do not do scrap booking and cards, I design floral arrangements and just love it. Come on over and follow my blog too.
God Bless.
Hugs: )
♥♥♥
Dottie