Cutest Blog Background

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord Always

Good morning, Friends. It feels good to be back in the craftroom again.

Although it doesn't say anything about Easter, the inspiration for this card is from the resurrection of our Lord. I am able to rejoice because I have a living Saviour! WooHoo!!

While on vacation, I was blessed with some additions to my growing Copic Sketch marker collection. This is a little something I did with some new ones. The flower set is called Delight, an oldie from SU! I used the masking technique to make an arrangement, stamping only the outline stamps in the set with Tuxedo Black by Memento. I cut around the image with the Labels 1 Nestie from Spellbinders, glued it to the dp, and outlined it with a black Zig Painty. After adding the little cutouts from a MS edge punch & the sticky dots, I mounted the whole thing to a square card with thick popdots.

See the little "ALWAYS" in the bottom, righthand corner? Well, it's covering up a mistake I made when I outlined the dp on the base card. I couldn't bring myself to scrap the whole project so I found a Stampabilities stamp, embossed the image, & cut out the word I needed. The Sonlight Impressions "Rejoice" image is also embossed. Oops - I almost forgot to mention that the dp is Offbeat by BasicGrey.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Love how you colored the flowers , sister ! And that great dp and fun layout is fresh and different.