Cutest Blog Background

Monday, May 4, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge #6 - Part 2


Did you think I forgot to post today? Gotcha! I was running errands this morning & just got my card photographed.
I started this image for the Copic challenge, but didn't get it finished in time. Here's what I finally came up with -- this one is for a girl baby while another one will have the sentiment stamped on blue for a boy baby. I changed the colors around on that one, too. I used blue for the flowers & pink for the ribbon. I'll post that one for you when it's finished...I'm waiting for the Stickles to dry. :)
I think I'm beginning to like square cards better. I am in big trouble...takes more postage, can't find ready made envelopes, etc. But it's just too much fun to fill up a bigger space with what I love to do: STAMP!
The background of this card is made by running it through the Cuttlebug with the Swirls folder. I then applied my ink directly to the cs. This gives it some natural shading because the ink pad doesn't cover evenly. The furry look of the lamb is made with Liquid Applique. It's easy to use...just dot it on & heat with your heat tool. Be careful, though, because it can be scorched if you point the tool at one spot too long.
The rest of the details are below. Hope you've had a magnificent Monday --- Laurie
Stamps: Daisy Kingdom, Cloud 9
CS: SU!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Sketch markers-YG11, R20, B21
Accessories: ribbon, Stickles, sticky gems, Liquid Applique