Cutest Blog Background

Friday, May 8, 2009

Fearfully Made - OBDB OBDBSC03


Two posts today as I'm trying to get this in for a challenge deadline. I think I missed it by 5 minutes, but that's ok. I loved the layout & didn't see the challenge until this morning. I couldn't work on a card for it until a good chunk of the laundry & cleaning were done. Why does it always take longer to do those chores than I think it will?


I used the Shepherd set from Our Daily Bread to stamp my sheep image which is colored with Copics. The verse is from ODB's Potter set. Inside is a message of congratulations on a new baby.

I wanted my words to be on scalloped cs, but ran into a problem - I don't have a skinny rectangle Nestie. I decided to experiment and like the results...I chose a Nestie rectangle that was the length size to fit my word image. I then placed it to fit along 1/2 the top, 1/2 the bottom, & down one side. After running it through the CB, this left one side straight cut. I took care of that by moving thecsto fit in the scallop grooves so that the straight side could be cut out with the scallop.

Hope that's not too confusing...it's hard to put in words! Anyway, I put the Gable Green cs through the Leafy folder from CB for the base card, layered it all up, and added those bright sticky dots. Nothing fancy, but a good way to welcome a new little one. :)

3 comments:

My Paper Adventures said...

Lovely card with great coloring! Love that CB embossing! Please post a link to this card in the ODBD blog so your wonderful card doesn't call through the cracks for the challenge drawing. Thank you so much for participating in the challenge!!

Kelley said...

So pretty..love the sheep in the oval!

Sandee said...

Love this!!!