Cutest Blog Background

Monday, May 11, 2009

More Babies - fllcmay



Good Monday Morning, Friends. I trust you had a good weekend. Mine was terrific! I was able to have both of my children & my daughter-in-law-to-be at church with me on Mother's Day....usually my ds works Sunday mornings.

That leads right in to my big announcement: Our ds got engaged last Thursday....it was quite a surprise in a lot of ways & not so much in others. Either way we are happy for him & are praying that the Lord will draw them both close.


Now to the cards. They are really very simple cards to make. The great dp is from DCWV Nana's Nursery packs. They make one for boys & one for girls. I love these sparkly papers (Although some papers are without sparkles, they're still very nice together.). For embellishments, I decided to go with buttons instead of ribbon.


I stamped the picture image twice, cutting out the angel only to popdot on top. After coloring with Copics, Stickles were added to the wings. One of my favorite "tricks" is to outline a layer in coordinating ink. I did that to both images & also used a sponge to add a little color to the white cs on the word image.

Blessings to all --- Laurie

Stamps: Cloud 9, SU!
CS: SU!, DCWV
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: Blender 0, YR000, YR00, Y32, YG03, B02, BG10, BG13, BG15
Accessories: Buttons by Basic Grey, Stickles

1 comment:

holidayfloralpieces said...

Laurie:
I just love your cards you have just posted today those baby cards are just so sweet. I live them both.
God Bless you always
Hugs :o)
Dottie