Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, May 2, 2009


Posting late today, Friends...lots to do on a Saturday morning!


This card is for my brother for his birthday later this month. (He won't mind if I share it now...will never know, actually, 'cuz he doesn't own a computer - teehee). He's an avid year round fisherman so I thought this stamp by Fred B. Mullet was way too perfect to pass up.

I didn't want to get too fancy with his card because he just throws them away. I sat for a minute trying to think of something handsome but not overblown. I decided to use gold & embossed the fish on a neutral colored card. The rest of the card fell into place....Brilliance Galaxy Gold to the base card, a shiny gold layer of cs, and just a touch of complementary green layered in there, too. Finished it off with the birthday greeting I think is Hero Arts.

Who knows, maybe this card will be a keeper :-P ---- Laurie

No comments: