Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge 11




What do you think of our challenge colors this week? Aren't they gorgeous, rich colors? I had been wanting to use this wonderful set from Our Daily Bread Designs so here we are. The layout of the card is very simple, starting with dp for the background. This one happens to be double-sided. (I'll try to use the other side on a card this week - it's stunning!) I then made ovals with the Petite Oval Nestie set for my image & sentiment. The sentiment oval has the ends cut away to make a different, but complementary shape. I used Copics in browns to make a "table" or base for the pots to "sit" on & used cool gray shades for the background around the pots and the sentiment. Actually, now that I think about it, I did my coloring before I cut out the image. The Nestie helped make a good frame so I knew exactly where to cut for a more balanced image. I added the gold sticky dots to finish it off.
Won't you get your Copics out & take our challenge, Friends? Remember, you don't have to have the exact colors....similar ones are fine. Come on! Try it! Hugs, Laurie
Stamps: ODBD
CS: Bazzill, Graphic 45
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: C1, C3, E44, E47, B91, B97, R85, R89, Y32, Y35

3 comments:

Shar said...

Great card! I love how you used the colors!

Jane Wetzel said...

Lets see Laurie....hmmmmm....Gorgeous! Nice job on the coloring ! :)

Glitter Spilly said...

Love the color!