Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Special Day Bouquet


Thanks for stopping by today to see what I've made. This card seems so cheery....I'll have to send it to someone who needs a little encouragement. Let me tell you how it came together for me:


I started with stamping the flower images on white Neenah cs to make a bouquet, coloring them with several Copic Sketch markers. I used Nesties to cut out the bouquet and a tag. I then chose my dp. As you can see, the dp has a yellowish base to it, making my white image piece look all wrong. Thankfully I thought of the Marigold ink pad I have & used a sponge to put down a lot of soft color all over. The dark yellow lines of the borders were made automatically when I wiped my sponge over the cs in smooth, circular motions. I added blue with a Copic marker & went over the edges again with my sponge & ink. Next came the knotted bow to the bottom of the bouquet and a flat ribbon to the dp. Popdots were used to mount both the image & the sentiment pieces. You can click on the photo to enlarge the image & see the details more clearly.

Enjoy your day --- Laurie

Stamps: SU!, Hero Arts

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic

Paper: K&Co Wild Raspberry, SU!

Accessories: Nestie Labels 2, Tag Trio

3 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous Laurie...hmmmmm...u can always send this to me!! ha ha! Love your coloring girl!!

Shar said...

Lovely bouquet! Great coloring!

Crystal said...

Love your coloring ! Award for you on my blog. :)