Cutest Blog Background

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spreading Sunshine to You!

Well, Friends, this is my third try at posting a card today. Hopefully there won't be any problems this time. Can you believe it was just 5 minutes ago but I can't remember what I said before? Argh - low estrogen day, I guess. Anyway......I started with white cs which was embossed with the Swirls CB folder. I used the direct to paper ink technique to add Pale Plum & Pretty in Pink to the cs. The butterfly image is from SU!'s Winged Things set. I used the Classic Circle & Scallop Square nesties with a CB corner cutouts inbetween. My ribbon was too sheer but the perfect color match so I doubled it to make it stand out better. Can you see the sparkle around the edge of the circle layer? I used a Quickie Glue pen & Dazzling Diamonds glitter to getthis effect. Lastly, I added those teeny-tiny sticky gems for balance. Please excuse the tilt of this picture. I guess I wasn't as awake as I thought I was this morning when I snapped the photo. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday --- Hugs, Laurie

1 comment:

Smiling Stamper said...

The bend of the butterfly makes you think of it flapping its wings. I love the muted pinks and lavenders; great for the lightness of the butterfly. So soft and beautiful!