Cutest Blog Background

Friday, July 17, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge 17




Wow! I bet you thought I wasn't going to stamp any more cards, didn't you? It has been a very busy two weeks, but as you can see I am not giving up. :) I have to post a day early because I am going out of town for a funeral this weekend. My folks should be here any moment, & we'll be off to Upstate New York. If you think about it, please pray for my second cousin who has just lost her husband.
On to the challenge.....The colors this week are so much fun. I would never have put them together, though, because they don't fit the "choose a color & then choose two friends" philosphy. The pink flowers were colored using the darkest color (R83)around the tips & down the centers. I then used my lightest pink (had to use RV000 because my RV00 is dried out!) to color each petal. I went back over the petals with R20, putting it down next to R83. I colored the whole thing again with RV000 & lastly highlighted the center lines with R83. Each image is attached with pop dots. Details below.
The Scripture for this card was chosen for a friend who recently found she has breast cancer. It is good to remember we can't do much on our own, but we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Have a blessed weekend, Friends -- Laurie

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs, Gina K, Paper: SU!, Basic Grey Two Scoops, Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics: RV000, R20, R83, Y17, YR16, E55, E57, E59

1 comment:

Shar said...

How lovely, Laurie!