Cutest Blog Background

Monday, July 20, 2009

Birdhouse Post


Are you surprised to see a new post from me? I sure am! I thought I'd never be able to take a minute out of the week to stamp. Acutally, this sweet little image was stamped and colored several weeks ago, but since I stamped those flourishes on the base card, I think it counts. :)

It's a bit too busy for my usual style, but I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone. If I could do it over, though, I think I would use a Cuttlebug folder to give the texture & skip the Platinum flourishes. Don't you love the dp? It's from the recently released Junebug set from Basic Grey. The birdhouse is by Rubber Stampede & the flourish stamp by Hero Arts. I used various Copics to color the image but didn't keep track of which colors. I added the sticky gems to the ribbon corners & then decided Prima flowers would make a nice touch, too. Not sure what sentiment will go inside, but am thinking of something about dropping by to say hello since the robin looks like he's singing a greeting!

I'll be at swimming championships all day tomorrow, so maybe I'll see him flying around. Thanks for stopping by....Hugs, Laurie

2 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous Laurie! LOVE this new BG too!!

Grace said...

Hi Laurie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I love your blog too.... what a blessing! I love this card... I struggle too when I think things are too busy but this really looks great! I love birdhouses so this one really makes me smile!