Cutest Blog Background

Friday, July 31, 2009

Birthday Swim


It's Friday - Yipee! The Ohio State Fair is going on this week & next so we're hoping to take a relaxing day this weekend to do one of our favorite summer activities. Eat fair food....do you know what I'm talkin' about? :)

My card today is made in collaboration with my wonderful, craft-y daughter. She couldn't resist coloring (yes, she used Copics!!) this digi turtle from SNSS. I added the Stickles to its shell & put the card together....so easy. The dp is Cosmo Cricket Snorkel. My embellishments are shells we found on the beach during our Spring Break vacation. I used glue dots to attach them. Lastly, I added a little shimmer to the sentiment which has an unknown origin. Although it doesn't show up very well in the pic, my dd loves this guy's deep blue eye.

My friend who will be having surgery (breast cancer) on Monday is committing this verse to memory: The Lord is the One who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8

What a good reminder for all of us to put our trust in the Lord. Hugs, Laurie

No comments: