Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge

Are three posts in one day too much? I simply had to make a sample for the Throwdown Challenge this week once I found out the colors: Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, & Chocolate Chip. This is one of my all time favorite color combos & the last day to play is today! Oops...I just double checked, & I think I'm too late to get in on the prize for this challenge but that's ok. Judy's post yesterday inspired me to use some stamps I haven't gotten out in a while. Check out her sample here. I used Endless Creations' flower image with my markers. I masked the middle flower & then used an Endless Creations frame with Choc Chip ink. The verse is by Rated-G stamps. Both white rectangles are edged with a sponge in Choc Chip ink. I also sponged the background of the verse rectangle in Celery. The dark brown dp & the ribbon are both Basic Grey Infuse, the dotted dp is by SU!, and the flowers are made with a MS punch & Inksentials white pen. That's all there is to this one, Friends. Goodnight, Laurie

1 comment:

Nicki (CSS) said...

Great take on the challenge. I love the verse - very beautifully done.