Cutest Blog Background

Friday, July 3, 2009

Combined Copic Challenges - CC#7 & CCC#20


Ok, Friends. While I'm not too excited about the "grass" on this card, I do love how the branch turned out. You probably don't recognize one of the stamps from Flourishes' swing set. I used a Memento Dew Drop of Tuxedo Black to pick & choose which lines of the tree branch I wanted, stamping it several times. I cut the images out & layered them with pop dots. I used the Brilliance Platinum ink pad & a sponge to create the "sky." The flowers are made with MS punches & a small Marvy punch.Now for the challenge info...
The Copic Creations challenge is to create an image with brunette hair. I used R55, R57, & R59 to get this High Hopes cutie's hair just so. The Copic Colour Challenge is to use E47, YG23, & YR68. I don't have YR68, so substituted YR04. In addition to the colors listed above, I also used YR02, YR04, YR23, G24, YG67, YG63, YG11, R00, E00, & E44.
I hope you are enjoying your 4th of July weekend......Laurie

8 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

Nice job on these challenges Laurie! And..LOVE those ms punches! ha! I cant get enough punches in my life!

Ashleyd922 said...

this is a great card. I absolutely love the stamps. . . if you dont mind me asking everyone talks abouy copics, are they a special kind of marker? where can i get them ??? ok well anyway i like you blog alot so i added myself as a follow here is a link to my blog : http://justbecausecardsandmore.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

You did a great job on the branch ... nice coloring too . That image is so cute !

Helga Marie said...

oh I love how you colored the tree, the shadows are perfect!

Elaine said...

Fabulous!!

Thank you for joining us in the Copic Colour Challenge!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a cute card - I love this image. It looks like such fun, and you did a great job coloring her. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations Brunette challenge.

Adele said...

I lOve this, such a cute image and card! Thank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.

Dingle.x

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card she looks brill, fabby card, sue.x