Cutest Blog Background

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lilac for a Friend-FTTC26

Morning! Back again with another challenge card....Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenges us to make a monochromatic card this week. We're to use one color or shades of the color, plus white or cream cardstock.
I chose this Almost Amethyst dp by SU! (I've had it a while, so I don't know if you can still purchase it.) & a BV04 Copic marker which is a perfect, darker shade. The lilac, by Flourishes, was stamped, colored, & cut-out. To get a little color on the leaves, I colored the back of the image which allows the saturation to peak through to the front. I tried to leave some white on each petal as I colored, but admit that I had to use my white Siglo pen to add highlights. After punching the lattice border (MS punch), I used a straight edge & the wide side of my Copic to create the dark purple line. I used the same technique to edge the sentiment panel. I didn't have any Amethyst accessories, so I colored tiny, white buttons with my Copic. As always, I've attached the image & sentiment with popdots.
That's it for this one, Friends. Thanks for stopping by -- Laurie

1 comment:

acreativeneed said...

Beautiful monochromatic card! Love that you colored your little buttons to match!
smiles,Deena