Cutest Blog Background

Thursday, July 2, 2009

MMSC8 - Coffee, Anyone?


My card today is for the Midnight Madness Challenge. Their sketches really stretch my creativity. You should check them out & give it a try...fun, fun & they give prizes, too!

I started by stamping & coloring this fancy coffee cup from the Impression Obsession coffee set with Copics. I didn't want to take away from the pattern on the image, so decided to use geometric shapes as my background. All the dp & cs are from SU!. So are the circle & square stamps I used to make the background. The two corners are made by punching out a 1 1/2 in flower & then punching a circle out of the center. I did use Nesties to cut out the image & make the green layer.

I'm off to a fun day of shopping with a friend. -- Laurie

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Would love to have my coffee in this beautiful cup! Your papers are so pretty. Great job on the sketch too. That was a hard one this week.

Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMSC!

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Priscilla said...

Wow, I really like the way this looks..It is so warm and inviting yet it has a real tropical feeling about it. We are thrilled you have played out Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week, so thank you for playing and Happy 4th of July :)

Valerie said...

Love it! Love the DP and want that stamp!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Oooh! Pretty colors! Your coloring is fabulous too! Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness! :) Michelle

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Great take on the sketch, that cup seems more like parfait to me :) So colorful too, thanks for playing with us this week, have a happy July 4th! xox ~Jeni