Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tea of Thanks

Good morning! I'm so happy to be able to post a sample in the middle of the week. It's been hectic around here for the past three weeks or so. With my ds's upcoming wedding this month, it will probably become worse before it gets better!
Now to the card....Do you recognize this image? If you've been around SU! for a while, you know that this was a hostess set way back in 1995ish. I was fortunate enough to choose it as one of my hostess benefits. Back then, most stamps were line-drawn images, perfect for coloring. By the time I became a demonstrator, though, the tide had turned to bold images. I dutifully sold or gave away my previous sets to make room for the new ones. BIG mistake! Sigh. Thankfully I held on to this one & have learned my lesson. I won't be cleaning out my stash any time soon.
Today's card is simple to put together. I chose the dp because the flowers in it are scalloped which matches the scalloped Nestie & the scallop doily under the tea pot/cup. The satin ribbon is tied in a knot. The rest of the details are below. Sure hope you have a terrific Tuesday. Hugs, Laurie

Stamps: SU!

Paper: SU!, Zinnia

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: corner rounder, sticky gems, Classic Scallop Oval Nestie

1 comment:

Betty Wright aka gbedwright said...

Laurie, this is wonderful!!! I know what you mean about retired SU. I have several in my stash...like my card today. Using copics seems to make what was once old new again. Lovely card and colors!!!