Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Artful Sentiments Challenge 21






It's Saturday, Friends, and that means another challenge from Artful Sentiments. This week's colors are bright & beautiful! Let's see what you can make with Y15, YR04, & YR09. Don't forget to leave a comment with a link to your creation here.

My card for you this week just adds one more Copic to the challenge colors: Y11. I used Nesties to cut out my image & also to make the second layer. After running that thru the CB, I used a sponge to add color. The wonderful sentiment image is by Verve...part of their Plain Jane collection. To finish off the card, I used a Copic to color a small Prima flower, giving it a brown center with a tiny brad. The dp in the background is by Basic Grey & MS punches were used for the leafy embellishments

Because I wanted to highlight the image & the sentiment, this card is not fussy at all. The clean lines of the ribbon point the viewers' eyes right to the most important part of the card - "Be still & know that I am God." (A good reminder for me as I just told my dh that I'm stressed...long story but will just mention ds's wedding 8/21 & dd's schooling up in the air but starts 8/26.)

Thanks so much for stopping by....Enjoy your weekend, Laurie

2 comments:

Shar said...

Very pretty! I love your butterfly!

Jane Wetzel said...

very pretty Laurie..I love these colors..the orange is prob my favorite! Did u get my email? sent in reply to your gmail. :)