Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge 19



It's time for the Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge, Friends. I hope you will be able to play along with us this week. Now to my card.......I don't think outside the box much so when I saw these colors I immediately thought of horses. This is a longago purchase from Embossing Arts. I stamped my image in Tuxedo Black & then used a Labels 4 Nestie to frame it & cut it out. The cs is Bazzil, the dp is Basic Grey Boxer, the ribbon is May Arts. I think the brads are by BG, too. The sentiment is from Sweet N Sassy Stamps. In addition to the challenge colors, I also used E11, E47, E57, B000, G94, G40, YG17, & YG67.

I've been using my 0 Colorless Blender in different ways lately, just to see what can be done. In this sample, I used the lighter, E11, color to completely cover the colt. I then used the darker, E19, to completely cover it. I took the Blender & made little circles, working from the center of an area to the outside. I didn't go to the edge(or line) because that's where I wanted it to be dark. I used the same technique on the other horse, but didn't use one color on top of each other. I don't know how realistic this makes my image, but I like the effect!

As always, I wish you a wonderful day.....Hugs, Laurie

No comments: