Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God knows your name!


Another quick post for you....I have a few minutes before I need to hit the sack & thought I would post this card I made for a friend. Here's a shocker - no Copics were used in the making of this one!
Yep. I used Prisma colored pencils and Gamsol. I really am not educated in how to use Gamsol, but decided to experiment. The lighter shades are pencil only. The darker shades are made by dipping my pencil directly into the Gamsol. I love the effect. The bottom layer of my card is old dp from SU! that completely covers my cardstock base. The heart layer was made with Cuttlebug's Fancy Corners. To do this, I positioned the folder in the middle of one side of the dp, ran it thru the CB, then repositioned it two more times on either side of the original impression. I then repeated those same steps on the other side of the dp. I applied ink to the impression directly from my SU! ink pad. A Nestie was used to cutout Inkadinkado's nest (Ha, that's funny to me after a long day & little sleep last night), & I added pink to the edge with a sponge. Lastly, I stamped this verse by Stampabilities to another piece of BG dp, punched slots with my SU! punch, and threaded ribbon through it. Oh, I also added color to the edges with a sponge.
This is probably rambling so I hope when I reread it in the morning it all makes sense! This verse is one of my favorites. How incredible to think the the God of the Universe knows my name as intimately as having it permanently there on the palm of His hand. Wow!!! Hugs, Laurie

1 comment:

Shar said...

What a delicate image! Beautifully colored!