Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Fall Leaf FTTC 34 & SSC5


Good Saturday morning! I hope you all had wonderful weeks...lots of time with loved ones and doing your normal routines.
My card today was so much fun to make. I just love these fall colors.
The Timeless Tuesday challenge this week at Flourishes is to make a card using the Stamp Misting technique. I decided to make a background paper with a leaf stamp and various colors. I applied ink to my stamp and sprayed a mist of water onto it just before I stamped it onto white cs. I kept repeating, changing my colors. When the paper dried, I used a Versamark pad and clear embossing powder to emboss two or three leaf images over the colored images...can't have a card with out some sparkle or shine! :) I used Labels 5 and Labels 3 Nesties, a SU! leaf stamp, CB corner die, and MS Loops punch for the rest of my card. Copic colors YR18, YR09, & R05 were used to color in the leaf. Added the beautiful ribbon and brown sticky gems to finish it up.
The Stamping Sisters In Christ challenge this week is from Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." (NIV) The challenge is to make something with the colors of your autumn. Friends, this is what fall is to me...oranges, yellows, reds...bright and lovely against a background of evergreens and foregrund of fields of golden wheat waiting to be harvested. (Can you tell I'm a country girl at heart?)Oh, I think this must be my favorite season! Of course I say that with every one LOL
Praying your autumn will be a time of remembering the good things God has given you. Hugs, Laurie

2 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

What a pretty card! I love the many different colors of leaves this time of year. Thanks for playing with us:)

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Laurie - your card is super beautiful!!! What a neat design and the *misted* background paper you made is GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you soooo much for playing along with us and I'm happy to hear you had fun!!! Hugs ~S~