Cutest Blog Background

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Showers of Blessing


Hey, what do you think? A post two days in a row....woohoo! This is another digital image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps (It's on sale right now if you're interested.). Korin chose one of my favorite hymns to inspire this set. Isn't it wonderful?

The base card is textured cs by DCWV. I used three pieces of ribbon for my background, laying them right next to each other. The leafy branch is by Sizzix. I used a Zig Painty pen on each leaf & added a teeny, tiny gem. I also used the Painty along the bottom of the base card. A Nestie was used to cut out the sentiment. Color was applied with Copics, but once again I did this so long ago I can't remember which ones I used. I have to remember to write a note!
I like my finished card, but if I could go back & change something, I'd make my girl image a bit bigger. That's one area in which I'd like to be more educated...understanding how to manipulate digital images better. My dh says I simply need to spend some time playing with our software. The only problem is that I wouldn't remember how I did something when I got it the way I wanted it! Can I get an "AMEN" from anyone?
I'm working on a project that has me so excited! It's nothing earth-shattering, but I love it when Scripture can be the showcased image on a card. Here's a hint: Verve's Plain Jane verses are perfect for my purpose. Thanks for checking in on my blog. Hugs, Laurie

No comments: