Cutest Blog Background

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Verve Plain Jane stamps

Morning, Friends. I trust your week is going well. I am done with my online training course & will be starting my new job on Monday. I'm nervous & excited at the same time! Today I am showing you that project I talked about last week. This may be lengthy, but I'd like to explain how these cards came about.....
My mom saw a sample card at Stamping Day & Night, a stamp store in northern Indiana, that she really loved. It was made with an edge punch and a Great Impressions flower stamp, using white cs & a strip of dp or colored cs. It was a very simple layout with a short sentiment added to the front, but was embellished with paper flowers. The sample was stunning in it's simplicity.

I decided - like any good stamper does - to CASE the idea! How wonderful it was to discover that my Plain Jane verse stamps by Verve fit just right into the space between the punched edge and the stamped image!! I was sooooo excited! I've made several cards, using a variety of edge punches and a variety of colors. As you can see, it works on the long or short edge of the card.




I'm always concerned with blessing the recipient of my cards....I want to share the love of Jesus. But I have to tell you that every time I use these stamps, the Lord uses it to bless me. We all need those encouraging words to help us re-focus on Truth.
The two verses you can't see in my last picture are Psalm 31:24 Be strong and take heart all you who hope in the Lord. and Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say, rejoice!
Wonderful Wednesday wishes, Laurie


6 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Beautiful cards!! I have many of the Verve scripture stamps and this is a terrific way to use them!!

What stamp did you use for the leaves the flowers were put on? I don't think I've seen that one before. Thank you!

Crystal said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards ! I love them !!! Hope your mom is taking a peek at your blog ! :)

craftieodamae said...

this is the first time i've been to your blog but I must say, I'll be back! Your work is gorgeous!!!

Granny P said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I am so impressed. I saw your cards on stamptv and I think they bring a wonderful message of encouragement. There are quite a few people in our church I could think of who would appreciate these just now. If we were to have such a supply of cards available people might be more likely to send them. A donation could go into children's missions or other equally worthwhile cause. It would be a good Sunday School project for this year. Have to check out the Verve website to see if they ship to the UK. Thanks for the inspiration.

Smiling Stamper said...

Love these beautiful cards! So special! Wish you well at your new job! Blessings, Lynn

Kristine said...

I am sooo LOVING these Laurie! :) BEAUTIFUL job on all of them. I just purchased my first Plain Janes myself from Verve--can't wait to get some time to make some of these. If only I had a love leavy stem like that! :) Heeeheee. (yup, I'd love to CASE these!)