Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge 28 & Blog Candy




Hey, Everyone, are you glad it's Saturday? I sure am. I'm afraid I feel a little overloaded by my first week of working. But it's not a bad thing. I need to make some adjustments and will soon be in a routine, I'm sure.

This week's challenge uses some of those bold, beautiful Fall colors. They make you feel better somehow, don't they?

The layout of the card is very simple. Although you can't tell from the picture, the base card is white cs. I used Copic YR18 and a straight edge to make my dark border, then pretty much covered the whole base with two dp layers. Sorry, but I can't remember who made the dp. The image is by CC Designs & the sentiment is from SU!. I used the Curvy Rectangle Nestability to cut them out. The white satin ribbon is colored with YR18 and Y17. I believe the buttons are by Basic Grey. Copics used: R08, YR18, Y17, R05, YR16, Y11, G000

The samples on Artful Sentiments are gorgeous. We'd love for you to play along, too.

Also, if you noticed my sidebar, Chris is offering an out-of-this-world blog candy to celebrate her October birthday. Wow!

Have a blessed weekend. Hugs, Laurie

6 comments:

peggysue said...

That is so very pretty, and I like the button placement, how sweet.

Kristine said...

Awww...this is the cutest Laurie! Love C.C.Designs fun and whimsical stamps and digis. Pretty DP here too. :)

Helen said...

I was very naturally drawn to the colors of your card...they are very similar to the colors I had for my wedding! I LOVE THEM! Congratulations on becoming part of the SSCC DT! We're going to have so much fun together!
Blessings!
~H

Randi said...

Laurie, I'm loving that you are a Copic artist and a part of the SSCC DT. I am looking forward to seeing your work. Oh! I love your card and coloring.

Kimm BT said...

Love your image Laurie... and you created such perfect matches to your background papers:)
Kimm

Shar said...

Aw! What an adorable card! She is cute as a button!