Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Babies Abound


Good afternoon, Friends. Sure hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon. We are fortunate to have sunny skies and cooler temps...just right for a Fall day.
If you head on over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge blog, you'll see that our verse this week is Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you..." Each person is known by God, our Creator, long before they arrive in their mother's arms. Wow - That gives me goose bumps! Our challenge is to make a card or project for a new baby or expectant parents. How exciting to celebrate a new addition to someone's family.

Heidi from Simon Says STAMP is our sponsor this week and has donated the cute "Baby Zoo Animals" stamp set. Head over to SSCC to see what the rest of the DT has done and to join us in the challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations....{{Hugs}} Laurie

I forgot to tell you about my card! The dp and the stamp images are by Imaginisce. I used Stickles on a big brad to make a sparkly doodad. (I love doodads - LOL) The shaped card is made by using Labels One Nestie. Place one side of the Nestie slightly above the fold in your cs. Cut as usual - it's, oh, so easy! Attach everything with glue and pop dots and you've got a cute, little baby card.

10 comments:

maryr917 said...

your card is adorable-love the paper and the images

Candace said...

This is too cute, Laurie! I love the little animals and the colors are perfect.

Kristine said...

:) VERY cute card... and I love your li'l "doo-dad" with all it's sparkly goodness! :) Those baby animals remind me of animals crackers--all frosted up! YUMMY! :)

It's a nice crisp Fall afternoon here in Oregon today too. The girls and I took our dog for a walk. Mmmm, maybe a bit too cool w/o my cotton for my ears though--got a li'l earache! LOL But it was nice :)

peggysue said...

That is a wonderful shape for the card, cute little critters too. We had crisp weather here in Illinois . . . so crisp we had snow yesterday! Nice, happy colors on this card too.

Shawne said...

So adorable Laurie, I love the way you used your nesties to make this card!

Randi said...

Doo-dad for sure! Love them, too. This is so cute, sweet and versatile. My grandson would love to get this card with all the animals on it. I love the shape;I have not tried it yet.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet Baby card! I love those sweet images!! Great shape and colors!!

Helen said...

I love those stamps and the shape of your card!!! Your coloring is incredible, too! Awesome, awesome card!!
Blessings!
~H

Anti-gag said...

.
Hi Laurie

Here's a good video I found on YouTube about religion, you might like to view it and see what you think.

”God in my life”

I think it makes a lot of good common sense don't you?

American youth: Young gifted and passionate about religion. ”Fiery lady”
.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit lately. It's a question of being under the weather and overwhelmed! I'm loving all I'm seeing. Your card for this week's challenge is darling!

Hugs,
Lisa