Cutest Blog Background

Monday, October 26, 2009

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #10


I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday! I even looked at the challenge and puttered around on the different blogs for a little while. I apologize to my Stampin' Sisters in Christ friends....will you forgive me?

Our challenge this week is to make a card that thanks to someone for something or for something they've done or that reminds someone to be thankful. It's based on I Chronicles 16:34 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." In my own life I've found that giving thanks to God for all the things He's either done for me or given me helps my focus remain on Him. When I don't, I start thinking about what I don't have or how I don't look or, well, you get the idea.

My card is made with Great Impressions stamps I purchased several years ago. I've colored the pumpkins with Copics but didn't choose them in my usual way. These colors do not start with the same letter and aren't a number apart. The dp is by Basic Grey and the ribbon is from Michaels. Love that deep-yet-bright orange!

If you'd like to join us at Stampin' Sisters for Christ Challenge this week, click HERE. We'd love to have you! Blessings, Laurie

3 comments:

Davi said...

Great card love those stripes with the pumpkins. What an appropriate sentiment!! thanks for stopping by and your kind encouragement. blessings

Helen said...

I love your fall design! That sentiment really spoke to my heart. Thanks, Laurie!
Blessings!
~H

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

What a beautiful Autumn card! Those pumpkins are so cute lined up in a row and the colours are perfect! Perfect card for your challenge!! :)