Cutest Blog Background

Monday, October 5, 2009

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Design Team Announcement

Exciting Announcement.....The lovely ladies at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge have chosen me along with 6 others to be on their recently formed Design Team! What an honor it is for me to be included with these wonderful women: Lisa, Kristine, & Kathy, who give us a Bible verse-based challenge each Sunday. Now the members of the team will join them as we share encouraging words to one another and other stamping sisters-in-Christ, focusing us on the Truth in Scripture.

This week's challenge is from Psalm 97:1 "The LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice; Let the oceans be glad. Make a card that shows the earth rejoicing: flowers blooming, oceans roaring, trees bursting with fruit, mountains and hills clapping. Anything goes as long as you show the earth rejoicing.

Get all the details, including info about the wonderful prize from our sponsor, on the SSC website.

I've chosen to show flowers in bloom as my reminder of the earth rejoicing. The stamp image is borrowered so I don't know who made it, but some of my favorite flowers are Black-eyed Susans in flower gardens and barn borders. They always encourage me to rejoice in what the Lord has done!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Blessings, Laurie

20 comments:

Candace said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing!

peggysue said...

Black eyed Susans are among my favorite flowers, and you balanced it so nicely with the embellishments in the lower right hand corner.

Kristine said...

Lovely job on this Laurie!! I love the nice warm color of this yellow and your flowers and punched leaves are the perfect touch =0)

Jane Wetzel said...

Love this Laurie!! Love the color and embossing!

Pamela said...

Beautiful card! Congratulations on making the SSCC team and I look forward to working with you on that team! :)

Ceal said...

such a beautiful card Laurie!

Kelley said...

Laurie, that is so awesome! Congratulations!

Randi said...

Laura, I am getting caught up on my blog hopping and wanted to tell you how much I love this card. It is C&S and just wonderful. I says so much with one word. I like how you spilled the flowers down the corner of the image. the repeat is breathtaking.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

congratulations! your work is beautiful!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

I forgot to add.....Happy Birthday Laurie!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Mary said...

Gorgeous card Laurie. Congrats on being part of the DT. Hope you have a Happy Birthday!

Mary

Kristine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Laurie!! :) Hope you are showered with blessings today ♥ I'm so happy to call you my "dt sister" and I wish you a very lovely birthday weekend!!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday , sister ! Aren't you glad you you entered this ... FEEL the LOVE !!!!!! Big hugs to you, buddy !

Candace said...

Happy Birthday, Laurie!! I hope you have a very sweet birthday! Hugs!! :)

Helen said...

Happy Birthday, Laurie! May God bless you abundently this year for your faithfulness to Him. Blessings!!!
~H

karen In Houston said...

Well great blog and just wanted to hop over here and wish you a fantastic birthday, I love your creations....

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday Laurie!!!! Hope you have a fantastic day. :)

Ceal said...

Happy Birthday Laurie! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kathy Winter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Laurie!! Hope you have an awsome day:)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Laurie, hope you have a great day.