Cutest Blog Background

Monday, November 16, 2009

I Corinthians 13:12 - Stampin Sisters in Christ #13


Good morning, Friends. This week's challenge is from I Corinthians 13:12: "For now, we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
Peggysue writes: "Our view of God in this life is veiled; we can't see Him clearly. But just because our view is dim, it doesn't diminish His reality or His glory. When we get to heaven, we won't be looking through a dark glass or catching a brief glimpse in a mirror. We will see Jesus face to face."
Her challenge is for us to make a shadowbox card. Afterall, when we get to heaven, there won't be any shadows in our vision of Jesus - We'll see Him as He really is.
I have to tell you that I was doubtful of my ability to make this one. I thought it would be complicated and intricate. Wrong! You have got to try it....Peggysue provides a link to a great tutorial. I made mine in about ten minutes!
And speaking of mine.....the paper is from the Classic Design Mat Pad by K & Co, the stamp is a very old one by Uptown Rubber Stamps, and the ribbon is a fuzzy ric-rac from Hobby Lobby. I used a Labels 9 Nestie to make the window and one of the Fancy Tags for my sentiment. The 'inside' sentiment is by Sonlight and the tag sentiment is from SU! The image is colored with Copics: RV10, W1, W2, W3, R00, R20, R22, YG95.
Check out the DT cards at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challege and add yours. Blessings, Laurie
P.S. Sorry for the crazy font size in this post. I can't figure out how to fix it!

7 comments:

peggysue said...

Okay, I'm laughing and I didn't expect to laugh when I read your post, but you sound so much like me! Weird things happen to my posts and I have no idea why or how to fix them! Hee hee!!! I've had odd fonts and weird sizing too. ANYway, I wanted to comment on your adorable bunny card. I really like the way you put the ricrac across the top and bottom, great touch! And so glad you had fun with the shadowbox.

theneon said...

This is just too too darling -- how can anyone but you make such a delightful card in 10 minute?

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous Laurie...I LOVE this cutie image! :)

Helen said...

How cute! I love the cut out you used and that image is so cute! That dp is very pretty, too!
Blessings!
~H

Kathy Winter said...

Beautiful shadowbox card Laurie. Love the bunny and the ric-rac is great!!

Kristine said...

Very CUTE Laurie!! Love this box card with the colors and adorable image and ric rac :) Nice job. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

Natalie said...

I love your shadowbox! That image is so precious!