Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving - SSCC #14



It's time for another Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! This week we are talking turkey....well, kind of. I know you'll want to share your creation with us after you here the challenge. Head HERE to use Mr. Linky. Our verse is found in Galations 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."


Homeschooling my kids gave me the opportunity to do elementary school over again. I loved it! History has always been a favorite subject of mine because I like to see how God has moved in mankind's history from the beginning up to today. One of my favorite times in history, the Pilgrims, is also one of the saddest. I don't have the exact nubmers, but did you remember that most of the people who came to the New World by ship never made it? They died on the way over. If they did make it, they didn't fare much better. Many of them died during the long, bitter winter.

Can you imagine what it must have been like when there actually was a harvest to be thankful for? It must have given them the best feeling in their lives. I'm sure it went a long way in erasing any doubts that God had truly meant for them to leave their homeland. Although they didn't have it at the era of their lives, I have a feeling they'll be singing "Amazing Grace" right along with the rest of us when we get to heaven.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. I hope you get to be with your loved ones and enjoy your time counting the good gifts that God has given you. Many hugs, Laurie

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, Laurie! I love, love, love that bow! The frame used around your pilgrims & indian are gorgeous, too! Your image is awesome. I can't imaging living the life they did. I'm so thankful that they stuck it out, though, so we could live in this wonderful, free country.
Blessings!
~H

theneon said...

What a lovely post to go along with a lovely card. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your wonderful creativity. Happy Thanksgiving.