Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Celebrating Jesus - SSCC #18


Our challenge this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is to make a card following Kathy's sketch. For some reason, I can't copy her sketch into my blog, so you'll have to hop on over to the SSCC blog by clicking HERE to see it, read the verses, and check out the DT's samples.
The verses for this week are from Luke 1:26 - 32 which tell the story of Jesus' birth. I decided to use this digi image from Sweet N Sassy stamps on my sample. I'm not sure I like how it turned out, but let me tell you what I did. I colored the image with Prisma colored pencils, embossed it all over with ultra thick embossing powder, and then highlighted portions of the image with Copics on top of the embossed 'glaze.' I used a Zig Painty to outline the Circle Nestie cutout to finish it off. I wish now that I had added something black to the dotted rectangle on the left...maybe using an edge punch of some kind to give it a little umph!
Anyway, please join us for the challenge this week if you have a free moment to stamp. We certainly understand that this is the most busy in addition to being 'the most wonderful time of the year.' :) I wish you a very Merry Christmas as you celebrate God's gift of a Savior to us. May your celebrations be a sweet fragrance to our Lord. Hugs, Laurie

3 comments:

Becky said...

This is very pretty

Helen said...

Awesome card, Laurie! That Nativity scene is beautiful and I love the dp!
Blessings!
~H

Randi said...

I agree with Helen that this is an awesome card. I think we were in sinc (sp) this week. Ours cards are almost identical. Great minds think alike!!! Have a winderful new year, dear friend.