Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Praying - SSCC #16


Good morning! I can't believe this week has gone by so quickly, and it is time for another great SSCC challenge. Today our challenge is from Ceal. She chose 2 Chronicles 7:14 as our scripture:
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

The Lord tells us to pray for each other as well as for ourselves. There are several reasons why He would do this. One is for the simple reason that He wishes to have two-way communication with us. This is how relationships stay static and grow. Another is because through prayer the Holy Spirit can align our spirits to the Lord's, helping change our earthly perspective to that of our Omnipotent Father's. Thirdly, praying for others offers comfort to them and a chance for us to be others-focused instead of self-focused. In other words, it helps us get into that servant's heart mode that is like Jesus' heart. As God is who He is, there are probably a trillion other reasons why He wants us to pray, so I'm sure the benefits to His followers are endless!

Now for the challenge: Make a card that expresses your willingness to pray for someone, using images of people...men, women, children, and Ceal even says angels would be ok.

Click here to go to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge blog to see the DT's samples and to add yours to Mr. Linky.

My card today is simple and clean. The dp is by K&Co, the stamp is a Precious Moments stamp I've had in my collection for a long time, the ribbon is Basic Grey, and I've used Octagon Nesties to do my layering. Have a wonderful Sunday, Friends. Thanks for checking in on my blog....Blessings, Laurie

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Good morning Laurie, your card is super cute! Love the shapes on here and your adorable precious moments boy. :)
Hugs, Kris

Kathy Winter said...

Great card!! I love the precious moments stamp, he is real cute. And I'm lovin the octagon nesties, awsome!!

Denise said...

I love this cute card, and the beautiful sentiment.

peggysue said...

This card is so sweet! Just the overriding sentiment, a sweet image and sweet layout and design. Great thoughts on prayer too, looking forward to reading some of the rest of the trillion reasons. :)

theneon said...

Ohh, Precious! And, of course, a Precious Moments image -- it just couldn't tell anyone any better. You've done a lovely job.

Helen said...

Laurie this is so adorable! I love the pattern you used behind the Precious Moments image! That is just so cool! I love how you positioned the nestabilities. Just adorable!
Blessings!
~H

Randi said...

What a great way to use the nestie shape, and the Precious Moments image is so dear....have a great weekend.