Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Where's Your Treasure? SSCC #17

Time for our weekly Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge....This week's challenge is from Kristine who wants us to think about treasure:

Matthew 6:19-20 "Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and where theives break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moths and rust do not destroy, and where theives do not break in and steal."
Instead of seeing earthly things as our security and success, we need to understand that heavenly treasures will be what really counts. Jesus' example of becoming a Living Sacrifice gives us an idea what this means. He gave the highest form of service to mankind. So how do I be servant when it comes to crafting? I know it's easy for me to regularly buy more stuff - paper & doodads are my weaknesses! But if I'm not using them to encourage, love, celebrate, or inspire others, I'm just gathering items that will ultimately burn.
You have to jump over to SSCC to read what Kristine wrote. I'm so glad the Lord laid it on her heart to give us this good reminder! Also, you can add your card to the blog and share it with the rest of us.
I guess I should tell you the challenge, huh? Ok, Kristine wants us to pull out all the stops and use our bling to make a card....no hording, but sharing!

My card is made with some metalic cs from SU!. You can't see it in the picture, but there is an embossed-in-gold word at the top: Cherish. The tulip underneath the shimmery vellum is by Flourishes. I added the wonderful pearl doodads to finish off this wedding card.

Enjoy your Lord's day! Blessings, Laurie

5 comments:

Kristine said...

VERY PRETTY Laurie!! LOVE that gold paper and your shimmery white and of course your beautiful bow too! :) Wonderful job with the "blingy" challenge--I figured this would be an easy one for us, LOL! Have a blessed advent Sunday!!

peggysue said...

What a great reminder, how are we using our crafting talents? I am so glad to see you chose to share yours on a blog to glorify Christ, instead of burying them under a 'bushel basket.' :) What a beautiful card.

Randi said...

What classy bling!!! I love it. We certainly share a weakness for crafty stuff, but our hearts are only God's. See you at the throne of grace.

Helen said...

Beautiful! I love your gold card and gold bow! The pearls and gold embossing is awesome, too! Wonderful blingy card! :)
Blessings!
~H

Pamela said...

Great card!!!