Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #24

I am so silly! Can't believe I forgot to post this morning....Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge today! I think I was too excited to get my card made and turned in on time. Sorry about that.

This little girl image, I believe, is by Whiff of Joy. It was a stamped image sent to me by a Stampin' Sister - what a sweetheart. : ) Anyway, I cut her out and colored her with Copics. The dp is the new BG Sugar Rush punched out in a scalloped circle. I used a Nestie for the sentiment cs. The sentiment is by Hero Arts and one of my favorite fonts.

But back to the challenge: You can read Helen's post & add your card by clicking HERE. The Scripture for this week is Matthew 18:4 : "Therefore, whomever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

What do most toddlers do when they get hurt? Who do they call for when they're hungry? They call for their mom or dad. This verse is a great reminder to me to call out to my Heavenly Father when I'm in need. I shouldn't let my pride or arrogance blind me from the truth of God's knowing best, not me. To help us remember being humble like a child, our challenge is to make a card or project with an image of a child or childlike things, but not a baby card.

Have fun! Hugs, Laurie

3 comments:

Crystal said...

This little sweetheart is so adorable. Love how you colored her and popped her up . Love that luxurious black ribbon too ! Hugs !

Helen said...

Your card is so pretty! I love your layout and how you colored that image! Isn't that girl darling? I just love her! Have a wonderful week!
Blessings!
~H

Randi said...

I love that new DP! I just got mine last weekend. Your card is super sweet with that Whiff of Joy little girl. She is one of my favorite childhood stamps and I like her in whatever she wears.