Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, January 10, 2010

SSCC #21


Good morning, All. It's another Sunday and freezing here in Ohio. Hope no matter what the weather, you are toasty warm!
There have been some extremely sad stories in our local news this week. My heart hurts for these people whose lives were changed in an instant. Of course, all of us face hard circumstances and tragedy in our lives here on earth. Sometimes those experiences pile up around us, causing us to feel completely torn apart. When my family went through a lengthy time of trial, I was able to attend Downpour, a conference sponsored by Walk in the Word.
The conference Scripture was and this week's challenge at Stampin' Sisters In Christ is Hosea 6:1: "Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."
It's only as we return to the Lord again and again that we experience healing. The conference Scripture included verse 3 where God promises He will come as certainly as the spring rains. Oh, the comfort I recevied to be reminded that our wounds would be bound and our crushed hearts would be healed. I pray that each of us will continue to return to the Lord and seek His face everyday.
Now for our challenge: Make the broken look beautiful! Create a mosaic or tear apart something & stitch it back together. In some way, have your image look broken.
As you can see from my card, I did not follow the challenge exactly. I used two sided dp, cut it apart and fit it snuggly back together (don't have a sewing machine for papercrafting). Please join us by posting your creations to SSCC. May the Lord bless your week....Hugs, Laurie
Stamps: SU!, Stampendous
Paper: BoBunny, SU!
Accessories: Copics, Cuttlebug, Nesties Label 9, 6
Ink: Memento

8 comments:

Becky said...

Wonderful card, and wonderful challenge.

Danni said...

Adorable card!!

peggysue said...

That is one cute card Laurie, I like the image and the way you framed it. And wow, that's our pastor who does the Downpour conferences, I've always wanted to go to one I bet they are so helpful. But we get James the rest of the year, so I musn't be selfish.

Helen said...

I love your cute image and your dp is awesome! I like the way you cut out the image and the background behind the image. They are awesome! Great card!
Blessings!
~H

Randi said...

When I saw your card I thought that your interpretation of broken made whole was the hearts stitched together. So now you have two! :o) Have a great week.

theneon said...

I like your interpretation of broken made whole (both in your beautiful message and your beautiful card).

Betty said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I followed your comment back to your blog. I throughly enjoyed looking at your projects and love the Stampin" Sisters in Christ blog. That was new to me. What a delight we can merge our stamping with caring for others. One of the main joys I have in stamping is creating special gifts or cards for others. It is obvious you do as well.

Crystal said...

Very cute, sister ! Love your colors and that little fella ! Hugs !!!!