Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #20


Happy 1st Lord's Day of 2010! Do you have your resolutions in place? Are you ready to get started? My dh, dd, & I will be having our family meeting this evening to take a look at what the Lord did in 2009 and to discuss our 2010 hopes and goals.
As I was thinking about a challenge for the first week of the new year, the word 'new' was foremost in my mind. The verse that kept coming to me was 2 Corinthians 2:17: "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

I've been thinking about new things for a while now because there is a new baby in our family. My niece and her husband had their first baby on 12/14. We have new grandparents, a new aunt, new great grandparents, new tiny clothes, & new items at the grocery to buy (lots of diapers & wipes!!). Danielle has to get used to her 'new' body, & Andrew has a new member of his family he's responsible to take care of. It's all very exciting and overwhelming at the same time. But I want you to know, our family has done some really fine rejoicing over this 'new'!!! The Lord says children are a blessing from Him, so it is good and right to celebrate.

Ok, so go with me here....This makes me think of a person's NEW birth when they accept Jesus as their Savior. The Bible says that the angels in heaven rejoice at this kind of conversion. I mean, can you imagine what that party is like? I believe there is nothing so important to God than when a precious soul has been united with Him for all eternity! Have you heard that song 'Favorite Song of All' by Phillips, Craig, & Dean? Here's a portion of it:

"And He loves to hear the angels as they sing, 'Holy, holy is the Lamb.' Heaven's choirs in harmony lift up praises to the Great I Am. But He lifts His hands for silence when the wicked, saved by grace, begin to sing. And a million angels listen as the newborn soul sings, 'I have been redeemed!'"

Oh, the glory and praise we give to our Lord when we realize the gift of His grace & mercy in giving new life. So, Friends, the challenge for this week is to make a card or project celebrating a new baby or a new Christian's conversion.

Sure hope you add your project to our challenge this week at SSCC. Hugs, Laurie

Image-Sew Many Cards digi image

Copics-E31, E33, E35, YG00, YG0000, B21, B24, B26

Effects-On inside of CB folder, use ink pad to apply ink. This transfers when you run the folder thru the CB, making the embossing pop.

7 comments:

Candace said...

Such a sweet card, Laurie! Have a great week1 :)

Becky said...

So sweet..

Sew Many Cards said...

what a sweet card. The colors are so bold and beautiful.

Angela
Sew Many Cards

Randi said...

Laurie, I have really enjoyed pondering your scripture this week. Thanks for the challenge. Your card is wonderful. Zee is so sweet as a blue zebra. Have a great weekend, friend.

Davi said...

Such a sweet sleepy little image! Fun combined with the buttons.

Pamela said...

LOVE your card! Great job! :)

Helen said...

I love the blue of your card! Your coloring of the image is awesome and I love how you cut out the holes in the moon. Great card!
Blessings!
~H