Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 27


Good Sunday morning, Friends. I hope you all have had an enjoyable week.
Our challenge at SSCC today is to make a card or project using a time piece or denoting time in some way.
It comes from Esther 4:14: "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"
I've always loved the story of Esther and through the years, the Lord has used it to help me overcome discontent many times. He has also used it to remind me that He does have a plan for me and a work to do for Him. I need to be willing to do whatever He calls me to do because there's no such thing as 'menial' when it comes to the jobs He asks of me.
Click HERE to read the full challenge and add your project.
Blessings and hugs, Laurie
My card was made with Bazzil cs and Basic Grey's Wisteria dp. The image is a wonderful digi from Mo. I've colored it using Copics and cut it out with a Nestie. One of the time pieces used for the background is from 'Artisan' by SU! The other is unknown. The sentiment is computer generated.

9 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Wow! This is the perfect image for your challenge Laurie. Love your card:)

Kristine said...

Awww, this is so cute and what a beautiful message too! Love this Laurie *Ü* Thanks for a great challenge!! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Ceal said...

oh what a sweet card! I love it

Becky said...

Simply fabulous.

Helen said...

I really love your take on this card. It makes me think of how my husband and I will be when we're older. I can just see us now...lol That image makes me smile and your dp with the timepieces is awesome, too. Wonderful card, Laurie, and great inspiring challenge!
Blessings!
~H

peggysue said...

I loved the verse you chose for this week's challenge and the testimony you gave concerning it, I think it will really challenge people this week and I hope they all ponder the story ofEsther. Great image choice too, I hope we all wind up happily on that park bench with our favorite sweetie. (hubby)

theneon said...

ahhh, that Mo image is perfect for this challenge and you've done it up just right! Thanks for this great challenge.

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Laurie! this image is so touching isnt it? I LOVE what u have done with it! hugs, jane :)

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Laurie, beautiful card, lovely colouring, love Mo's images, just beautiful, take careX:)