Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 28


Good Morning, Friends. I trust you are doing well and enjoying this last weekend in February.
I'm so excited about Pamela's challenge to us this week. Whatever your project, she wants you to actively worship the Lord while you make it. Here's our verse from Colossians 3:17: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

As I thought and prayed about my sample this week, I decided my act of worship would be sending special wishes to a converted Muslim gentleman, praising God for His mercy and grace extended to all who accept His free gift.

Yasir lives in a sensitive country and has no family or friends who remember his birthday. There cannot be any religious overtones to the card. That being said, I continue to ask the Lord to extend encouragement (Hebrews 12) & His love to a brother whom I've never met through my card. I guess I want God to help him 'read between the lines' so that he in turn worships the Lord.

Since our verse tells us to give thanks to God, I'd thought I'd share the part my Thankful List that pertains to stamping: letting me feel like an artist when I stamp, color/color/color (I love 'em all!!), supplies in abundance, opportunities to minister to others, and sharing giggles & heartaches with fellow-stampers. There's quite a bit more on my list, but you get the picture.

Click HERE to head on over to SSCC. I'm looking forward to not only viewing your projects, but hearing about your experience as you worship the Lord through stamping. Blessings, Laurie

(BTW - My font size is going crazy, so it'll be a big surprise when this post actually publishes on Sunday. : P)

My card is made with SU!'s Wild Wasabi. I think I have Spring Fever and just need some green! I used a CB folder for my textured background. Although it doesn't show up in the picture, I've also used Stickles and Glitter Mist to add shimmer. I wanted to make a fun card, but kept it as flat as I could since it will be mailed overseas. I hope those tiny square brads will go through successfully.

8 comments:

Candace said...

I love what you did with the embossing! Very cute card! Have a great week!! :)

Randi said...

Laurie, this is an amazing card to send to a man whom you have never met as it is hard to do. Wild W is one of my favorite greens. I pray that your friend will be encouraged with your thoughtfulness.

Toucan Scraps said...

lovely colour

Thank you for visiting my blog. Many blessings to you and your family.

Helen said...

Incredible card! That color is wonderful. This man is so blessed to have you to think of him! He's going to love this!
Blessings!
~H

Kathy Winter said...

Very pretty card. Love the green all over too.

peggysue said...

What a wonderful gift this will be to that man, I am sure that the prayer that went into it will wash over him as he receives it. What you put into prayer does not return void. I haven't seen the wasabi green used much yet, neat to see it on this card.

Becky said...

What a wonderful card. And what a thoughtful gesture.

Pamela said...

Love this! And what a great thing to do! I just love seeing how the Lord moved each of us this week!