Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fun Project




I'm so happy to have the chance to post in the middle of the week, Friends! This past Saturday I had a free day and designated it 'stamping day.' My goal was two-fold: use up cs and dp already collected and make 30 to 40 cards. I had a plan!

First, I looked through my collection of samples, sketches, and tip sheets and tagged the ones I thought would be good for an assembly-line type production. Second, I chose base cs and any dp for three to 10 cards, using the same layout. I cut everything as I went. Next came putting together the layers, except for the layer that would be stamped & any embellishments. All that was left to do was choose the images, sentiments, and embellies.

The ric-rac was my starting point for the these cards. I had 8 different colors and made 8 different cards (only 6 would fit in the picture).

I didn't notice until now, but all the stamps are retired SU! sets. Funny - I guess that's what happens when you're a former demonstrator. : D

Thanks for checking in on my blog, Friends. Enjoy your Tuesday afternoon. -Laurie

5 comments:

Debbi said...

Great cards! What a great thing to have a "free day". Congrats on getting to make so many super cards!
*smiles*
debbi

Winnie and Patty said...

These are beautiful! TFS

Becky said...

This are just lovely.

Crystal said...

Hey Sister, hopefully the 5th time will work ... love your colorful group of fun cards ! You had a productive day in the stamp room ! Hugs !

Shar said...

Sweet set! What a neat design idea!