Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Isaiah 12:6 SSCC #29


Isaiah 12:6 says, "Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."

That's the Scripture this week for our challenge at Stampin' Sisters In Christ. Our challenge is to make a card that shows or expresses JOY or joyfulness. I think this digi image from Shirley's 2 Girls is perfect! Isn't this girl adorable flying away on her balloons?

The trick in life (for lack of a better word) is to allow this joy to be our experience no matter what our circumstance may be. In Nehemiah, he reminded the people to not grieve because the joy of the Lord was their strength. I think it's ours, too! When I focus on the Truth, I can somehow get beyond the circumstance of the day. I might still feel sad, but underneath at the very core of my being, there is JOY!

It's like that old hymn which is actually based on 2 Timothy 1:12: "For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."

Please join us HERE so we can see your joy! Blessings, Laurie

CS: DCWV, Accessories: Spellbinders Tag & sticky gems, Copics: 0, B52, R81, R83, R85, YR20, YR23, E21, E25, BG02, BG05, BG07

5 comments:

Wendy M said...

Fabby card... I have something for you to collect:

http://each-card-tells-a-story.blogspot.com/p/blog-awards.html

Hugs
Wendy M xx

Becky said...

wonderful card..

Toucan Scraps said...

pretty colours, great flow

Thank you for visitng my blog today

peggysue said...

You did fabulous things with the background paper, as Toucan said, it just flows nicely. And that image is so joyful!

Helen said...

Everything about this card is joyful! That image is so fun and those colors are awesome! Wonderful card!