Cutest Blog Background

Sunday, March 28, 2010

SSCC 32 - Isaiah 40:31


Good morning, Friends. It's been my pleasure to be on the Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge design team for the past 6 months. Sadly, today is my last challenge as a team member. I will be in touch, though, by continuing to check your examples & by submitting my cards via Mr. Linky each week as the Lord allows.

I've had a great time getting to know the other DT members, as well as seeing all of your wonderful cards and projects & reading your posts. I am deeply moved to know that I have sisters in Christ all over the world. Let's keep encouraging each other in our walks of faith!

Ok, enough mushy stuff (I'm tearing up!)....on to the challenge. Our verse this week is Isaiah 40:31: "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Here's the challenge: 'Mount up' parts of your image in layers. (Paper Tole technique).

On my card, this Daisy Kingdom bear's sleeves, ruffle, collar, and bow are all double layered. I've colored her with Copics, used SU! paper for my background, and added a border from an EKSuccess border punch. Finishing touches are the dotted ribbon, sticky gems, and this sparkly little flower.

Give this technique a try and link your sample HERE. In case you didn't know, I will be on vacation for two weeks & will not have internet access. I'm planning to catch up on all your samples when I get back! Hugs, Laurie

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Laurie your card is super cute!! I bet this looks even better IRL to see all those wonderful layers popped up! I had a hard time photographing mine to show the layers, so I'm sure others did as well. But anyways... super job on this challenge!! I will miss you greatly as far as being on this team together, but you will always be my sister in Christ and friend and I still know where to find ya! *Ü* I hope you will continue to play along in the challenge when you can. You have such a heart for people Laurie and it's such a priviledge to have had the opportunity to get to know you a bit better. You're in my prayers... and your family as well. I hope you'll keep in touch and let us know how things are going. Love ya!
{{BIG HUGS}}

Randi said...

Ditto on all the wonderful words in Kristine's 'book'. LOL Love your little bear. My grandkids would love it. Have a great week dear friend!

Ceal said...

super adorable card Laurie and please keep us up to date. Praying for you!

Helen said...

Laurie, that is such a cute card! Your coloring is incredible!
You are such an amazing, loving person! I'm so thankful that God had planned for us to meet this way! Please keep in touch and keep loving those around you. You're so awesome at that!
Blessings!
~H

peggysue said...

Mr. Linky will come to your house and throw a fit if you don't show up when you can!! I have his number and I will call him personally . . . this card is so cute! I love that little bear. Pretty colors too and great touch with the ribbon. I have so enjoyed getting to know you better through these past six months, it has been a gift to get a peek into your heart.

Becky said...

This is just so adorable...

Crafty Dawn said...

So sweet of you to stop by and comment on my blog. Your card is too cute ;0)

Love Dawn xx