Cutest Blog Background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Card for a Special Friend


As you can see, I have two watermarks on my picture today. How that happened? I have no idea! For fun, let's call it a tribute to Kristine who gave me this lovely watermark, complete with that cute heart! Thanks a bunch, Kristine!!

This card was made from a sketch I found at Taylored Expressions. The main idea was to use three different patterns of paper. I used a MS border punch across the middle, but you could easily substitute ribbon there for a more simple, straightforward look. The Verve flower is colored with Copics and layered onto Nesties Labels 11. I couldn't decide if my doodads should go on the Nesties to accentuate the curves or on the border. As you can see, the border has them, & I like it. : )

I'll be submitting this card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week which is to make a card or project with flowers on it. I will also be using this to celebrate a dear friend's birthday with her. I am deeply thankful the Lord saw fit to provide such a sister-in-Christ....like Anne Shirley and Dianna in Anne of Green Gables. (Although I'd like to think we keep each other out of trouble instead of getting into it!!)

Thanks for checking in on me and my stamping. Blessings, Laurie

8 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Laurie - how nice to see you here this week - your flowers are lovely and those 'doo dads (LOL)' are perfect! Love your colours and the DP's - what a great take on the sketch! It is great to see you play along with Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}

Becky said...

What a gorgeous birthday card. Gorgeous design paper

Randi said...

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books!!! You have a great friend if you two are like Anne and Dianna! Your card is beautiful and I am so glad that you have two watermarks on it as I now know that you made both sides!!heehee

Have a great week dear friend.

Davi said...

Laurie, This is really a beautiful card! The colors, the punch , ribbon and pretty flower just make it so lovely to look at!!

Grace said...

Hi Laurie! Your card is gorgeous!!! I love the papers and great layout! It's cool that you have 2 watermarks! A beautiful BD card for a dear friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is sooo beautiful, Laurie! I just love your colors and layout!! Your friend will cherish this for sure!! Thanks for sharing with us! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

What dp is this?

hugs,
Chris

peggysue said...

I also love Anne of Green Gables, one of my favorite book series. I am waiting for Diana to come along . . . one day! :) Very pretty card and I'm sure your friends is going to like it (or firend, which is how my clumsy fingers typed it out first)

theneon said...

This is such a special card -- you must surely have tons of beautiful work to post when you are up and running on your new computer -- soon I hope!