Cutest Blog Background

Friday, April 16, 2010

SSCC #34


Hi, Friends! We're back from Florida & slowly getting back into our routine. Our trip was wonderful -warm, sunny days at the beach with no rain until the day we left. Ahhhhh.

I found myself thanking the Lord often for the sea breezes, the sea birds, and the beautiful colors of the sky and water. My requests revolved around my family and the sweet woman who is in her 80's that owns and operates the apartments where we stay. I was able to put aside regular responsibilities and burdens for a few days to be renewed in body and spirit. As I've already said, it was wonderful. : )

My card today is for the Sisters in Christ Challenge this week. The verse is Phil 4:4-7: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let you gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The challenge is to make a card or project about prayer and/or peace.

Casting our cares onto the Lord's shoulders is just a part of following Phil 4:4-7, but it is a blessing to know He wants to hear both the requests and the praises, giving us His peace in return.

Thanks for stopping by...Blessings, Laurie

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I REALLY like this one, Laurie ! Love the sentiment off center with those cute heart buttons and that wonderful dp ! And of course, that verse is always such a good reminder.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Laurie - great to see you playing along - your break sounds fabulous - there is nothing like the ocean to make you think about peace! I love the colours and those adorable buttons with the DP - gorgeous!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}]
Linda SSCC Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Laurie!! What an awesome time away!! I am glad you enjoyed it and you could feel His peace and enjoy nature. This card is stunning!! I love the verse. It is one of my faves and your colors and design is beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Hi Laurie! I love your card... the wonderful verse and I'm so glad you were able to get a little R&R! So glad you could join us at Stampin Sisters in Christ and hope you'll be able to play this next week as well!!! Have a blessed day!