Cutest Blog Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BIG flower - ODBD 57

Yep - that's right.  Two posts in one week.  A new record for me in recent history!  The idea for this card came from my friend, Julie, again.  She graciously came to my home to remind me and Crystal of what to do with some of our tools purchased ions ago.  She brought some new toys - SU!'s punch & set that will do this kind of image. 

The challenge from ODBD this week is to do no coloring.  As you can see, it makes this card perfect for their challenge!  The paper is from Basic Grey, the dots are Liquid Pearls Platinum, and the center of the flower is punched out with a MS punch. 

(Sorry the date is on my picture.  However, since I now have two grandsons, I need the date on most of my photos.  I'll try to remember to turn that feature off next time I get to stamp.  : P)

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Laurie!! I just love your flower and your dimension!! Beautiful take on the no coloring challenge. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, what a beautiful card and that huge flower.....awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Basslady said...

gorgeous card! the big flower is so noble and stylish!

very GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and bold flower. Looking forward to more of your work. ;)

Judy said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!

:)
Judy

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Laurie! Love the big beautiful blossom!